Sunday, October 13, 2013

James 3:13

James 3:13
Who among you is wise and understanding?  Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

There are so many people around me that I consider "wise".  Of course, my grandparents, I often look to them for advice or just to hear stories of what they did when they were younger.  They had a large family too so even though it was very different having a big family back then, I like to hear how they managed back in the day.  They have lived so much life, it would be impossible to not consider them wise.  I look to my parents as well, for advice on difficult life decisions and respect their opinions.  I may not agree with them but they too have experienced so much more than me, I would be a fool not to take into account what advice they have to offer.

I look for guidance from a woman who used to work at my children's school.  She is older, has 8 children, 16 grandchildren and more on the way, and is so well versed in the faith, she is an amazing resource.  I also look to my SIL.  She also has 8 children and is about 10 years ahead of me in life so I look to her because she has dealt with many of the difficulties that I face.  I am interested in the wisdom that comes from my aunts and uncles, neighbors, and friends.  I think that everyone offers a new point of view that could be useful.

I look to the Faith to develop my own sense of wisdom.  I want to be the one my children receive their advice from when they are old enough to ask for it.  I want to become wiser after having life experiences.  I want to learn from my choices and follow my faith to become the kind of wise person that God calls me to be.  Please God, help me to become wiser with each day and share my wisdom with others who wish to hear it. 

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment