Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hebrews 7:25

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.


Lately, having received concerning news from the ultrasound dr, it has become more and more clear what is truly important.  Not that I didn't know before, but it's funny how you worry only about the things that are truly necessary after receiving bad news.  I'm a daydreamer, always have been, and it's not that I long for anything, but I do daydream about what life would be like if.....I'm very happy how life is right now, but it hasn't stopped me from daydreaming. 


Now, I see how silly those daydreams really are.  Why sit around amusing my brain with different "what if" scenarios when I have concrete things going on right now to concern my thoughts with.  I put little concern into the material things in my life, but that doesn't mean that I don't sometimes day dream about what if I had more.  I could care less to imagine my life with more things, more money, less financial difficulty.


I can't say I'll never daydream again, but I do know that I really get no pleasure from doing it and it does nothing for my relationship with God.  Even though I know I don't long for more, it would appear to Him that I do, if I'm willing to spend my time wasting away in a daydream.  There is very little that matters to me.  My faith and relationship with God, first and foremost.  My family and loved ones.  Spreading the word of God and his glorious message to others.  Other than that, what else matters?  With Him I can do anything.  I will never want.  I will always be taken care of.  Even if the outcomes aren't always what I had "daydreamed" of.  His plan is better.  And He has already shown me that out of great sadness/disappointment comes great joy.


I trust in Him.  I want to be closer to Him every day and am working hard to improve all aspects of my faith life so that I can be as open to Him as humanly possible so that I can spend my forever in eternal bliss.  I guess the next bad habit I will have to tackle is my talent to worry.  There should be no worry in this life with Him.  I'll be working on that, but at least I've been able to kick my daydreaming to the curb!


P.S.  A special thank you to Relevant Radio and Drew Mariani for reading my email of intention for the praying of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  The fact that he chose my email out of the numerous emails he receives each day was touching.  I felt blessed knowing everyone listening was praying for our little baby and could not hold in my emotion even after the praying of the chaplet had finished.  Thank you!


Thanks for reading!


Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment