Saturday, August 17, 2013

Psalm 84:10

Psalm 84:10
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.  I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of the wickedness.

When I read this I think back to the days when I faced the most temptations, high school.  It seemed like everywhere I turned, there was someone promising me rewards of money, popularity, joy, or a way to escape reality.  People try to lure you in with things that appear great and grand, like a mirage.  Once you hold it in your hands, experience it with your own body, you realize, the reward is not what had been promised to you.  Like Snow White biting into a crisp, red apple that is filled with harmful poison, things can seem much better than they are.  And at the tender age of a high schooler, I didn't have the cognitive ability to understand than every decision I made could change my life forever.

I am blessed.  God looked out for me when I wasn't looking out for myself.  I read this Psalm and I understand.  I would rather be at the foot of God's house, shivering, hungry, and tired than being cared for in a warm, cozy tent of wickedness.  If I am living my life with Him and for Him, I will always be cared for, truly cared for.  That doesn't mean I won't want for things, it doesn't mean I won't have suffering, it doesn't mean I won't experience pain and hardships.  It means that God understands what I need in my life to improve who I am as a person.  He understands what experiences I need to grow.  The wickedness doesn't care about me and when I am in a place of need, the wickedness won't take care of me.  The wickedness is like a fair weather friend, there when times are good, nowhere to be found when times are bad.

Thank you God for being a true friend, one who is by my side when I need You most.  Help me to stray from temptation and not be fooled by falsehoods.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment