Saturday, March 15, 2014

Psalms 143:10

Psalms 143:10
Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

One of the things that was hardest for me when I truly began to discover my faith was that I had to let go of the idea that I was in control of everything.  I had to relinquish that I am not able to make plans that will absolutely take place.  I had to let go of my will and allow His will to become my will.  Man is that hard to do when you are a type A personality that likes to have all their ducks in a row!  I thought I had been doing a pretty good job of this until recently when I realized that I was falling back into that rut of planning out the next 50 years of my life.

This last week, since I have been jolted back to reality that God is the one with the true master plan, I have really been focusing on asking God to help me do His will rather than asking Him to make my will become reality.  I realize that I am truly in control only of how I react to what God's will is.  Things are going to happen in my life that are both good and bad.  I am able to choose to accept them all as God's will or to fight against them and continue to push my own will.  I am way to tired to try to fight!  Swimming upstream is way harder than going with the current.

Instead I ask that God help me to do His will, accept His will, and understand that there is nothing He will send me that isn't for my greater good.  I still ask for things but also am sure to add "if it be Your will".

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment