Monday, November 18, 2013

Hebrews 11:6

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

I just watched an interview with one of the greatest Green Bay Packers and NFL players of all time, Brett Favre.  Besides talking about football, he said something that I found very relevant to this scripture.  "I don't just want to be remembered as a football player......Without two people, I wouldn't be here, I would be dead......Those people are Jesus Christ and Deanna (his wife)."

Isn't that true for all of us?  That without Jesus Christ, our Father, and the Holy Spirit, that we would all cease to exist?  He is the reason life is possible.  The reason life is possible after death as well.  What a sad existence to think that we would be walking around living our lives and then dying without the possibility of eternal life.  I can't fathom the concept....

I guess that's what keeps you going when the days are tough, when times are bad, when tragedy strikes.  He keeps us going, even when we would rather give up.  Before I found my faith, I was so angry when things did not go as planned.  Hopelessness was easy to fall into when facing difficulties.  And forget about a light at the end of the tunnel, I was in a cave.

We have to do more than just believe in Him though, we have to seek Him.  We have to learn about our faith through communities, literature, radio, etc.  We have to go to church.  The mass is a gift that He gave to us to receive Him, not His words, HIM.  Can you believe that?!  He becomes a part of us every time we go to the mass!  We must pray to him, formally and informally.  Don't be afraid to have a conversation with God.  He is always listening.  We have to trust in Him.  We surrender to His will.  The hardest thing to do, trust that He will lead you.  Trust that He knows better than you.

All we need in this life to make it to the eternal life is the Trinity.  Faith, family, friends, everybody else.  Don't mis-prioritize your life.  He will reward you!

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment