Friday, November 22, 2013

Psalms 107:1

Psalms 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, For His loving kindness is everlasting.

Every day is a day for giving thanks.  Many times we talk to God because we need something from Him.  I think that God must expect that, that's how children are, but when a child tells their father "thank you", it is warming to the heart.  How good it must make God feel to hear us, His children, say thank you for all the good He has done in our lives.

In the book I am currently reading, the author writes that (and I'm paraphrasing), "out of great suffering comes great good".  She lists many examples but of course the most obvious is that of Jesus.  No doubt His passion was a horrible experiences for Him and those who loved Him, but He knew that what would come of His suffering was so great, that the suffering would be worth it.  It is hard to be thankful to God in our own times of suffering but if we can just say a small prayer of thanks in acknowledgement that our suffering will bring something greater.

While listening to Relevant Radio last night I heard Monsignor tell a caller that "God doesn't call us to be successful, He calls us to be faithful."  That really resonated with me.  We think that to please God we have to make all the right choices and excel at that which we are lead to do, but really, the strength of our faith pleases Him most.  So, I choose to be thankful, I feel that it is the best way to show God how much I love Him.  Not only love Him, trust Him.  I am thankful because I trust His judgment over mine.  I trust His plan before mine.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment