Sunday, March 9, 2014

Psalms 100:4, 5

Psalms 100:4, 5
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.  Give thanks to Him, bless His name.  For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations.


There is always something to be thankful for.  While I was lying in the dr's office having my ultrasound last week, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by how blessed we are to be having another baby!  My three year old and one year old were being incredibly difficult but all I saw was that little baby on the screen, that amazing little heart beating so fast.  I got up from the table I was lying down on and got ready to go, expecting a routine conversation with the dr about the ultrasound.  Instead she hit me with some concerns and my heart dropped into my stomach.


My husband became emotional and sick but I immediately went into "mommy" mode.  What do all these things mean for today, tomorrow, and the long term?  What can we do now?  What is our next step?  I immediately thought, not about how upset I was that there might be a very serious problem, but that I am so blessed.  I can't explain how or why, but I thought about how blessed I am to have four beautiful children and that this baby is a blessing no matter what!


After focusing on the medical aspects of the situation, I immediately began contacting those I know who are strong in the faith for their prayers and advice.  I got some wonderful advice!  I was told about different saints to pray to, medals to have blessed, services to attend, prayers to begin, etc.  Again, I feel that God is good!  He is leading me to a more spiritual life and helping my prayer life grow.  This will forever change me, in a positive way.  I have already grown and will continue to do so.  I pray that God heals His son but also that if it is not His will to heal, that He help me to accept His will and always be thankful and see the positive.


Thanks for reading!


Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment