Thursday, August 29, 2013

Psalms 116:1, 2

Psalms 116:1, 2
I love the Lord, because He hears My voice and my supplications.  Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

I love that the Lord knows what I need before I even ask for it.  He knows me better than I know myself and He is always there to listen to me.  I like to pray when it gets really quiet, like when I'm falling asleep at night and I like to pray when things are so chaotic I feel like I might lose my mind.  I like to pray when I am doing a job I abhor.  I like to pray when I am doing something I love.  I like to pray at home and in the car.  I like to pray when I am by myself and when I am getting lost in a crowd.

No matter where I am or what the prayer, He is listening!  Sometimes it feels like He isn't.  That's why I was so angry during my first year of marriage.  I didn't feel like He was listening to my prayers for a healthy baby.  He always hears us, He is always listening to us.  Are we always listening to Him?  He was trying to tell me that I wasn't ready.  He is always preparing us for what is to come and even though He hears our prayers, we need to be open to His path for us.  We need to understand that we will not receive what we are not prepared to receive.

It is hard to accept that maybe what we are praying for isn't what we really need.  I try to stay away from specifics like praying for a new job or things of that nature.  I try to pray for things in general like instead of asking God to help me find a new job I might instead ask Him to help me find joy or success at my current job or ask Him to lead me to my next place of employment and be thankful for the preparation until I get there.  I want to be open to what He has planned for me and not stifle His vision by getting lost in what I think I want.  I try to remember that He has bigger dreams for me than I could ever dream for myself.

I love that no matter how often I pray, He is listening.  I love that no matter where I pray, He is listening.  I love that no matter what I am praying for, He is listening.  Now, I need to make sure I am listening too.  Dear God, help me be open to your voice.  Thank you for being my rock and my salvation!


Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment