Monday, December 2, 2013

1 John 5:14, 15

1 John 5:14, 15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

This is something I have just started to understand, that I can ask God for things or for things to be done, if and only if it be according to His will.  I used to pray a lot for the things I wanted or needed and then was disappointed if my prayers were not answered.  I didn't take into account that His will need always be done and that His timeline is perfect and that He never makes mistakes.

So now I try to pray in a manner that always includes the phrase, "if it be your will God" or "Your will be done".  I am working hard on letting go the idea of my will be done and understand that God always knows what we need and sometimes we might pray for things that He knows are not really what we need.  Even if we can't always see God working, we know that God is working.

Continue to send up your prayers to Him and trust in His will over your own.  It is hard because our humanness causes us to long and yearn for things but if we continue to pray and trust, we will be rewarded and His divine plan will always be fulfilling.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment