Tuesday, December 3, 2013

John 16:24

John 16:24
Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.

I feel like God is speaking to me (not like that is anything new!) but seeing as I am going through something that is completely out of my control, He knows that I need Him to speak to me more than usual.  The feeling of helplessness is difficult to withstand and I know that He is the only one to guide me through.

So I pray.  I feel Him calling me to have a stronger prayer life, something I have been trying to do for a while now.  It always feels like there is something I am trying to improve when it comes to my faith journey!  But seeing as that He is the only one in control over what happens in this particular situation, I know that He wants to enrich my prayer life and I am doing just that.

It helps too that I keep reading and hearing things on the radio asking people to pray more, quiet more, and read more of the scripture.  It's like He is trying to reach me through every imaginable outlet.  Imagine, even God utilizes the technology around us!

I am specifically working hard in my prayers to include His will and to understand that what I am asking for will be received, even if not in the way I expected to receive it.   It is so important for us, as His children, to remember that He never forgets us.  He cares about our wants and needs and we will never be forsaken if we keep Him at the center and build our lives around Him. 

I have started to begin my day with a prayer, "Dear Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today.  I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen by You, and directed to any greater good from all eternity.  I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans, and submit to them with all my heart for love of You, the Pope, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Amen."

I say this even before my feet hit the floor so that I remember that everything I do during the day is offered up to Him.  I pray for my current situation constantly and it is never far from my mind.  Mostly I pray to just have trust in His perfect judgment and plan.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment