Thursday, December 5, 2013

John 3:36

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

In my journey to enrich my prayer life, I am constantly hearing God through the things within my environment.  It's like, "Yes, God, I hear you.  I hear you calling me to more prayer."  He is so thorough though, making sure that I don't get side tracked or put this on the back burner as is the case with so many things in life.  So the other day, while driving to pick up my big kids, I was listening to Relevant Radio and the priest on there tells the listeners about prayer.

He is calling everyone to more prayer.  No amount of praying is too much and God answers ALL prayers.  What a concept!!  He answers ALL PRAYERS!  Ok, well I have been praying about something for a while now and I am so excited because the priest said, "God answers all prayers."  I start to feel so happy because of course a priest would know, he has a special relationship with God and he passes his wisdom on to us and now he has confirmed to me that GOD ANSWERS ALL PRAYERS!

Good thing I didn't turn the radio off because in the next sentence the priest says, "and sometimes we need to consider that the answer is 'no'".  What?  So God doesn't always have to say yes?!  So I can pray and pray and pray and pray, and sometimes He is going to respond with "No"?  Ok, fine, I have to put my relationship with God back into proper perspective now.

We are His children.  Now as a mother I know all too well how much children like to ask for things.  And I also know that sometimes they ask for things that they want but really don't need or they ask for things that aren't good for them.  As much as I would always like to tell my children "yes", I often have to say "no", for their own good.

Well, looking at my relationship with God in this way makes my understanding of how He answers prayer much easier to accept.  So I have to consider that even though I am asking Him, He may respond with "yes" or "no" and maybe I need to consider praying for something different.  I believe in Him and I believe in His plan.  As much as I want God to be listening to me, I need to also be listening to Him, it's eternal life I am striving for after all.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment