Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Colossians 3:17

Colossians 3:17
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

It's  so easy to get lost in the day to day.  Life is so BUSY!  There are always things to worry about, take care of, clean, whatever.  Sometimes it can be hard to remember that even those mundane things we do every day can be offered up in His name.

No task is unworthy of being offered up to God.  When I am running around with the kids and I can feel the stress building around me, I try to say a quick prayer to God that He helps me through this hiccup in the day.  I never want to be "too busy" to be in conversation with God.

If I consider myself too busy to talk to Him then clearly I would be too busy to actually hear him.  We have to find some time in every day, no matter how much time that is, to be quiet long enough for God to speak to us.  We need to invite Him into our hearts each morning and thank Him for His guidance each night.

I have said before that I am enriching my prayer life and as I was exploring an app that I save all my favorite prayers on, I stumbled upon one that I really love.  I'm sure many of you have heard of it but I'll share anyway.  It's called a Daily Examination of Conscience using the CPR method.

C-Claim your blessings

It is so important to remember all of the things that we are truly blessed with each day.  Health, home, children, jobs, food, heat, whatever.  Anything that you are not in need of to me is a blessing.  Then of course there are days when specific events or prayers are answered as well.

P-Pinpoint victories and losses

I include things big and small.  If my two year old tested my patience and I was able to be cool, calm and collected, that is a victory!  If I lost my patience with my spouse, well, that's a loss and something I can pray to God for help with.

R-Renew your loving commitment to Christ

This is my favorite part because it reminds me of what I am working towards each day.  Each day is a new day to show God that I am trying to be more like Him and reaffirms that I will not give up on my journey to improve myself in the faith, spread the faith to those around me, and hopefully be a beacon for Him here on earth. 

Each day is important and special and there is nothing that occurs or doesn't occur that isn't part of His perfect plan.  Our job is to have faith as we go through our days and allow Him to come into our spirits and guide us.  Not every day is going to feel special, but every day is special.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment