Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ephesians 2:8, 9

Ephesians 2:8, 9
For by the grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

My husband and I are only a few days into our new journey that began on September 11th.  I know that I have eluded to difficulties without naming what it is specifically that we are dealing with.  My husband was fired by his boss via an email last Wednesday.  Even though he wasn't happy there, he worked very hard to be productive and successful.  It is only by the grace of God that he was able to put aside his frustrations and move forward each day.  My husband is not a boastful person.  He is good at what he does and therefore does not feel the need to shout it.  He also knows, as we have been shown, that his success is not his alone.  His success is from God, who has given him the gifts to be successful.

When my husband was fired, it was a shock in the sense that his last conversation about a week ago with his employer was about his future at the company, raises, bonuses, ongoing projects, etc.  Even though he had been unhappy at his job for quite some time now, he never let anyone other than myself and a few other very close family/friends know.  Him, being our only source of income, I cried.  I cried for the struggle he had and will have moving forward finding new employment to support a family of six.  I cried that as a married couple, we cannot be open to expanding our family until we are in a more stable place.  I cried out of fear.  I cried out of anger.  I cried out of sadness.

I am so thankful for the Mass.  I took my youngest kids to mass and God spoke to me.  I prayed the rosary and spoke to Mary.  I had a friend from church come over and was moved to tears when she told me what she did when her husband lost his job after their sixth baby was born because the prayer that she said to our Mother Mary was the same prayer I said to her.  Each day seems to get a little better.  I am doing my best not to be overcome with my fear and to understand that He works in many ways.  He never makes a mistake and I know that this is His plan for us.

I know that we will be better for having had this experience.  We will learn and grow and there will come a day when we look back and are thankful for this experience, just as we look back at our first year of marriage and all the struggles we faced then.  I know that out of the ashes comes life, out of the pain comes relief, out of the darkness comes light.  But fear can be gripping and overwhelming and for a person who likes to plan, it can be debilitating.  Please God, help me to overcome the fear that threatens me.  Help me to be strong and faithful.  Help us make it through this difficult time, I know You will never give us more than we can handle and I know there is a purpose to everything You do.  Thank You for the gifts You have given us, please continue to bless us and protect us.  Help my husband on his journey and please continue to keep us safe.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment