Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Romans 8:1, 2

Romans 8:1, 2
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

I find it funny that people are so interested in judging others and making sure that others are rightfully punished.  I also used to care how others judged me.  Now I have a sense of peace because I feel that I know who I am.  I know the kind of person I am.  I know where my heart is.  I know what my intentions are.  I try to communicate those things as best I can to the people around me but I won't always come across the way I desire to.  And, no matter how hard I try, there will always be people who choose to judge me harshly for whatever reason.

I think that our society makes it easy to judge others, or better yet, popular.  It is a common pastime to pass judgment on those around us, those in society, those in the entertainment industry, those in politics, those in positions of power, those in poverty, etc.  Our society encourages us to be condemners of those around us.  We have reality shows on in abundance and where does most of the entertainment come from on those shows?  When the people on them are judging the other people on the show!  I have to admit I find it entertaining because the premises are so ridiculous it doesn't seem like reality, at least not any reality I would be interested in being a part of.  I prefer peace over drama in my own life.

I used to really stress over how others perceived me, especially my in laws who have never truly accepted me and have made constant comments and digs about my apparent shortcomings.  I used to try so hard to make them happy, only to find out I had failed.  Then I realized that I really can't live my life like that.  I can't spend my life trying to please anyone other than God.  He is the only judge that matters and His judgment is the only one I worry about.  I cannot live my life trying to live up to everyone else's expectations.  I live like I tell my children to live, "When you know the truth in your heart, don't worry what other people say."

Please God, help me to live today free of judgments and free of judging others.  Help me to live by your laws so that when my final judgment comes I will be ready to be reconciled. 

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment