Thursday, September 5, 2013

Matthew 4:4

Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God'"

Pardon my absence from my daily scripture blog.  I have been beyond busy with the kids going back to school and there was a death in my husband's family that has kept us preoccupied.  I have not taken a break from my faith, it has been quite the opposite really, I am leaning on Him more than ever but the chaos has left me with less time for sharing my faith on the blogosphere!

This scripture speaks to me especially in this time.  I am able to get through each day not just by going through the motions of what needs to be done, but with His help.  The food I eat is nourishing my body but He is nourishing my soul.  There is no way I could make it through each day meeting all my basic physical needs if I am not meeting my spiritual needs as well.  My faith gives me the sustenance to make it through each day.  It's not the food, water, clothes, home, etc., that allows me to live.  It is Him.  He allows me to make it through each day in one piece. 

Sometimes at the end of the day, I ask Him, "How am I going to get up and do this all over again tomorrow?  I feel worn out."  There is really nothing I can do to recharge myself, He recharges me.  His words, His example, His will, recharges me.  We all have things we struggle with each day and we all have things that make us feel defeated but don't allow it!  He will sustain you, if you ask, if you listen.  But don't expect the material or earthly things around you to feed you or revive you.  Only He can do that.  Let's not lose our focus on what is truly keeping us alive in this life and after. 

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment