Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hebrews 10:35, 36

Hebrews 10:35, 36
Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.  For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

Yesterday was a really hard day.  We are dealing with some very scary issues and I know how much I need my faith in order to get through these difficult times.  I LOVE that God sent me this scripture today.  How does He do that?  How does He always know what we need to hear.

I went to church this morning with my two littlest ones.  I was worried because I wasn't sure how my 2 year old and 9 month old would behave.  They were so good.  So good that I could actually hear the Gospel and it was so fitting to what I am going through.  It was really what I needed to hear and I'm so thankful that God finds a way to speak to us if we listen. 

My husband is much more confident than I am but I am trying to have confidence in my faith and my husband to see us through.  This scripture just affirms for me that if we keep Him at the forefront and have confidence in Him and the endurance to make it through the hard times, that He will reward us.  We are not just praying our way through, we are actively trying to improve our situation, but we also understand that with our effort and His guidance, we will eventually be rewarded.

I went through a really difficult time having miscarriages.  Again I find myself going through a difficult time, being asked to trust in His plan.  This time though, I am not alone.  This time I have my faith, friends and family.  When I was losing those beautiful babies, I didn't tell anyone.  I went through the hurt by myself, turned away from my faith, and wallowed in self pity.  Now, my husband and I have shared with those around us what we are going through.  We see the love of those around us and are truly touched.  We see the generosity and the willingness to help and are moved.  We see His work in our life and we feel grounded.  Please pray for us.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment