Wednesday, August 28, 2013

1 Peter 4:16

1 Peter 4:16
but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

Anyone who believes strongly in something will have to defend it many times over in their life.  Your faith is no different.  Since Jesus first was conceived, people have been defending Him and the faith He brought to us.  Look at those who have come before us, all the saints who have died in His name.  People have suffered for their faith, for the right to believe and the right to practice it.  People now are so scared to even claim it.

I have heard people say, "Well, I'm Catholic, but I don't go to church." or "I'm Lutheran but haven't practiced in years."  They say it in a way that makes it seem like they are trying to distance themselves from their faith, from a stereotype, from being "that" person.  It's not "cool" to be devoted to your faith.  It's not "cool" to love, adore, and live by your faith.

Well, I guess I'm not cool.  I don't shove my faith or my beliefs onto others but I don't hide it either.  I am happy to discuss my faith.  I am happy to explain why I choose to do or not do something.  I am excited to pass the gift of the faith on to my children.  I am not ashamed, I am proud.  Thank you God for the gift of Your faith.  Help me to defend my faith when I am called to.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment