Monday, August 26, 2013

Ecclesiastes 5:15

Ecclesiastes 5:15
As he had come naked from his mother's womb, so will he return as he came.  He will take nothing from the fruit of his labor that he can carry in his hand.

It's funny because I have said to my husband in the past, "I see so many people acquiring more 'stuff' and we are acquiring more 'people'"  I really don't care about the fancy in life.  I want a house we can fit our family in, a car we can fit our family in, a school that meets our faith and educational needs, food on the table, clothes on our back.  In other words, I am perfectly happy with the basics.  I would rather be able to afford another beautiful person in our family than a vacation.

God has taught us not to put value in things.  We will not take them with us when we die, we won't even take our bodies!!  But we will take our souls and we will be judged on how we treated those around us.  I'm not saying it's wrong to enjoy "things", I'm saying it's better to enjoy people.  It's the relationships we have with others that bring meaning into our lives.  We should focus on how we treat the people around us and building our relationships with those that we love, it's the love we will take with us when we leave.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment