Friday, August 9, 2013

Romans 12:1

Romans 12:1
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Usually when I clear out my mind and read the scripture, it speaks to me.  I can feel God and I can feel Him working through me to find myself in the scripture.  I will read the scripture over and over and open my mind to what He wants me to hear.  Then it hits me, how the scripture relates to my life.  I always find it amazing that even though these words were written thousands of years ago, it is still relevant today and can relate to so many different people at different places in life.

Today I feel rather stuck.  I have read and reread the scripture and just can't seem to hear the message today.  I suppose that happens.  There are times when things flow and times when they don't.  Some scripture comes easily and some do not.  Even though I can't seem to figure this scripture out today, I feel happy knowing that I dedicated my mind, spirit, and energy trying to figure out the message.  Whether or not I figure out a message is not the most important part of my reflection.  Either way I have grown spiritually by putting everything else aside and opening my heart to hear his word.  Maybe I am not able to hear the message right now, that's ok.  I am open to hear it and when I am ready, I am confident God will reveal it to me.

Please God help me to be prepared to hear You today. 

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment