Sunday, August 4, 2013

2 Corinthians 13:14

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all.  Amen.

What a beautiful scripture!  I am just in amazement at the gifts God gave to us when He sent us His only son to save us from ourselves.  "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,"  What a hard thing it can be to accept God's grace in our lives but if we are able to, the rewards are so great.  When I was younger I can remember feeling like I was the one behind the wheel.  I couldn't understand why life was such a struggle.  I couldn't understand why I was working so hard to achieve things without every really succeeding.  Or, if I was able to succeed, why it didn't bring the joy I thought it would.  Now I understand that I can do nothing without God's grace in my life.  It is his grace that leads me to my successes and brings out of the ashes of my failures.  Thank you God for the gift of your grace.  Help me to allow myself to be led by it each day.

"the love of God"  Wow, what a powerful love that is!  We cannot in our earthly form, even begin to comprehend how great His love is for us.  I am so thankful that God loved me when I didn't love myself.  I am grateful that God loved me, when I felt that no one else could.  I am blessed that God chooses to love me more than I could ever love Him.  Until we have children, I think it is hard to even begin to understand how great God's love is for us.  He loved us so much that He sent His only son as a sacrifice for our sins.  I am in constant awe of God's love for me.  Thank you God for the eternal love you bestow unto us.  Please help me to feel your love when the days are good and even more when the days are bad.

"and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all."  The trinity is so hard to comprehend.  One God found in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.  I think about this trinity most during communion when I am receiving the Holy Eucharist so how fitting that the word communion is used.  During mass, I reflect on what a glorious miracle God allows us to experience.  It's almost like you can feel the Holy Spirit wrapping you up in His Glory.  Thank you God for inviting us to this miracle at every mass.  Help me to be calm and at peace to fully appreciate this miracle, even with the distractions that may be around me.

This is how I have interpreted the scripture today.  It helps me in my life, I hope it will bring some inspiration to yours.  Let me know how this scripture speaks to you.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment