Saturday, August 24, 2013

2 Corinthians 5:19, 20

2 Corinthians 5:19, 20
namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.  Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

God speaks through all of us.  We are His children and we are all ambassadors for Him.  We should work on spreading His word through our love.  I don't walk around trying to evangelize protestants, Jews, Muslims, etc., but I am open to talking about my faith with anyone who will listen.  I wear my faith on my "sleeve" so to speak, and do not try to hide or flaunt it.  There were people in my life who offered me flickers of faith.  They did not press their faith down on me but were open, willing, and ready to enlighten me.  When I was ready, when God had prepared me, I turned to those people.

I am always trying to find the balance in parenting.  I don't want to suffocate my children but I don't want them wandering on their own either.  I want them to feel safe to explore their environment and who they are and know that I am behind them gently guiding them when needed.  I consider spreading the faith in the same fashion.  I don't need to push my beliefs onto or get into theological arguments with others, but I do try to send out little "flickers" of my faith to those who are misinformed.  I pray that all people are able to reconcile themselves to God and I am open to being His ambassador.  I like to find moments when I can insert my faith into the conversation and start people's minds thinking.

Please God help me to enlighten those in need.  Thank you for sending me the people in my life who were patient and capable of bringing enlightenment into my life.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment