Sunday, August 4, 2013

John 10:10

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:  I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

When I read this scripture I think about how there are so many temptations around us, calling us to make poor choices and to give in to that which we should avoid.  It is so easy to get distracted by these temptations.  In order to avoid these we need to remember what their intentions are.  These temptations are not here to build us up or better our lives.  These temptations are here to hurt us, to detour us on our journey to be with our maker.  Their only goal is to set us on the wrong path.

God's only goal is to keep us on the right path.  He wants to be reunited with us in heaven, He wants us to avoid temptation.  God wants to provide for us and to help us be fruitful as a people and He needs us to understand that the only way to achieve this is through Him, with His help and His guidance.

I often find myself being detoured by temptation only to find disappointment.  If I can just resist long enough for God to help me find the light, I know I will be ok.  It is a constant struggle and one that I worry my children facing as well.  I hope that I can learn as much as I can now so that my experiences will help my children avoid similar temptations.  Please God help me to feel your gentle presence guiding me each day.  Help me to avoid that which desires to destroy me.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment