Sunday, August 18, 2013

Galations 1:10

Galations 1:10
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God?  Or am I striving to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond servant of Christ.

We all have people to please in our lives.  We need to please our neighbors by having a kept yard and not being disruptive.  We need to please bosses and coworkers with diligent work and pleasant interactions.  We need to please friends and loved ones with thoughtfulness.  There are many people we come in contact with each day that we need to please but none is more important than God. 

We should never worry more about pleasing people in our lives or society than we are about pleasing God.  We should never feel more pressured to please others than the pressure we feel to please God.  The pleasing we do for the people in and around our lives is on a much more superficial level than the pleasing we strive for in our lives for God.   There is no judgment more important than His.

This doesn't mean you ignore the people in your life, or carry yourself with an air of not caring about others.  It simply means that if we worry ourselves with whether or not we are pleasing Him, we will please those around us in the process.  And there will be those who do not appreciate the way with which we live our lives but we wouldn't change the way we do things to please those people if it wasn't also pleasing to God.

We have to face the facts that there are people around us who don't appreciate how we choose to run our lives or value that we have God at the center of our lives.  We need not try to change them with words but we can simply show them with our actions how our faith and living by the faith is what God is imploring us to do.  We all have free will, we will all most likely stray, but having and being a role model for others around us, will hopefully bring us all back to Him.

There will always be people in our lives that we will have to pacify.  I believe this is fine and necessary so long as we are not being made to do things against our core values.  Approval of those around us is nice but His approval is the only one that is needed.  I truly believe that if we live our lives by His rules, we will gain the respect and approval we seek from others as well.  And if we don't, well, then maybe their moral compass is not pointing the same direction as ours.  I try to lead my life with the love and understanding He calls us to have for others and do my best to model my faith.  I don't feel like I have to explain myself to others but I welcome the opportunity to!

Please God help me to please you today.  Help me be a model of a loving, faithful, and tolerant Christian to my children and others in my life.

Thanks for reading!

Busy Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment